Today's citizens, worldwide, face the effects of financial crises, environmental concerns, increased globalization, and political animosity between political ideologies, including domestic parties and international governments. The most relevant way of addressing these issues is through politics. Here is a list of ten top political quotes to provoke some thought about the political past, present and future. These ten top political quotes embody the everlasting influences of politics on leaders and the people.
1. “The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all.” -JFK
2. “The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain expressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship.” -George H.W. Bush
3. “I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in political world as storms in the physical.” -Thomas Jefferson
4. “Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; other their principles for the sake of their party.” -Winston Churchill
5. “Politics is war without bloodshed, while war is politics with bloodshed.” -Mao Zedong
6. “Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.” -Ronald Reagan
7. “Americans…still believe in an America where anything’s possible – they just don’t think their leaders do.” -Barack Obama
8. “The revolution… is a dictatorship of the exploited against the exploiters.” -Fidel Castro
9. “The United States strongly seeks a lasting agreement for the discontinuance of nuclear weapon tests. We believe that this would be an important step toward reduction of international tensions and would open the way to further agreement on substantial measures of disarmament.” -Dwight D. Eisenhower
10. “The ballot is stronger than the bullet.” -Abraham Lincoln
Speak for Yourself! What are your ten top political quotes?