The New York Times recently made a less than half-hearted attempt to summarize the similarities between President Barack Obama and presumptive Republican Party nominee, Mitt Romney. As New York Magazine reports, the Times wasn’t able to do much better than: They both like Star Trek, Modern Family, and Chicken. Here at IVN, I thought we could find just a few more similarities of just a little more substance.
The following list isn’t just a bunch of opinions, but documented facts that together draw a compelling picture: Far from being polar opposites, the two “choices” offered as presidential candidates by this country’s two main parties are nearly indistinguishable on the substantive public policy challenges Americans face. Using the New York Times piece as a starting point, here are 100 ways Mitt Romney is just like Barack Obama:
1. Star Trek
2. Modern Family
4. The signature legislative accomplishment of the man that Republicans have chosen to repeal and replace “ObamaCare” was “RomneyCare,” which was the blueprint and model for The Affordable Care Act.
5. The most controversial aspect of “ObamaCare” for its critics, was the individual mandate. Mitt Romney, like Barack Obama, believes individual mandates can be a good ingredient of public policy.
6. Mitt Romney reminds critics that he believed “RomneyCare” was good for the state of Massachussetts, but shouldn’t be implemented nationwide, and that’s how he’s substantively different from Barack Obama. In 2007, however, Romney said: “I’m proud of what we’ve done. If Massachusetts succeeds in implementing it, then that will be a model for the nation,” suggesting that, like Obama, he is not opposed to federal mandates either– just controversial ones that his partisan opponents pass.
(Items 7 – 9) As Jon Stewart points out on The Daily Show, Mitt Romney’s proposed legislative replacement for “ObamaCare” would keep everything in it other than the individual mandate, according to Mitt Romney’s own words:
7. Like Obama and the Democrats provided for in the Affordable Care Act, Romney’s legislative alternative would make sure people who want to keep their current insurance can do so.
8. Like Barack Obama, Mitt Romney wants to expand federal spending on Medicaid to help each state cover residents who cannot afford health insurance.
9. Also like Obama, Romney’s “alternative” would make sure people with preexisting conditions will be covered.
12. The Obama Administration has failed to prosecute a single Wall Street executive for malfeasance related to the 2007 – 2008 financial crash. Wall Street’s aforementioned donation patterns make for a compelling conclusion: A Romney Administration would be no different.
13. Setting aside the justice system, legislative fixes for perverse incentives on Wall Street have likewise been underwhelming. Dodd-Frank has been impotent to prevent risky trading and stress tests for federally insured banks only anticipate another housing crash, not a catastrophic hit to America’s very monetary system itself. Instead of a substantive alternative to Obama and the Democrats, Romney’s solution seems to be to do even less: he wants to repeal Dodd-Frank.
14. Like Obama, Romney supports taxpayer bailouts of struggling corporations– handouts that go from hardworking Americans to wealthy companies with irresponsible management.
15. The most controversial bailout for Republicans and one of the motivators behind the Tea Party protest movement that began in 2009 was the TARP bailout of big Wall Street financials. Like Obama– who voted for it as a US Senator and continues to support and defend it as President, Mitt Romney supported and continues to support TARP.
16. Not only does Mitt Romney approve of Barack Obama’s federal management of auto industry bankruptcies, he takes credit for it.
17. Republicans criticize Obama for his role in getting Solyndra’s hands dirty with federal money, but at his own big financial company, Bain and Co., Mitt Romney secured millions in a federal bailout of his corporation’s own struggling finances.
18. Though he’s flip-flopped on this issue along with so many others, Mitt Romney has also supported the federal stimulus package passed by the Democrats and signed by Barack Obama, writing that the “‘all-Democrat’ stimulus that passed in early 2009 will accelerate the timing of the start of the recovery.”
21. On monetary policy, both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama do not see any urgent need to change the status quo and any reform of the Federal Reserve system is not a public policy priority for either candidate.
22. Like Barack Obama, who reappointed Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, Mitt Romney has approved of Ben Bernanke’s handling of the financial crisis and monetary policy in America.
23. Mitt Romney approves of Barack Obama’s Treasury Secretary, Tim Geithner’s record on economic policy as well.
24. Like Barack Obama, economic stimulus via federal spending on infrastructure development is a policy priority for Mitt Romney.
25. Both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama favor the extension of Bush’s deficit-funded tax cuts for the middle class.
26. Though they are currently sparring over whether or not to extend the tax cuts for high income earners (ibid.), Mitt Romney supports making these tax cuts permanent for them as well (ibid.), and as president, Barack Obama has already extended these tax cuts for high income earners once. Actions matter more than rhetoric. Are the two really so different?
28. Neither Mitt Romney, nor Barack Obama have charted a course away from the bipartisan consensus that deficit-funded tax cuts stimulate economic growth, so that other than putting up a big showy fight over the details of tax policy, their substantive philosophies of fiscal policy are essentially the same.
29. Like Obama, Mitt Romney is open to a Value Added Tax as a potential fiscal policy solution.
30. In discussions of tax policy, Mitt Romney’s working definition of “wealthy” or “high income” seems to be $200,000 a year (ibid.), the same as that commonly used by Barack Obama.
31. Like Obama, Romney supports raising taxes on businesses, and did so as governor of Massachusetts, despite speciously claiming otherwise by calling his tax hikes on businesses in the commonwealth “closing tax loopholes.”
37. Spending categorized as defense-related has only gone up during President Obama’s first term from $616 billion under Bush in 2008 to $768 billion in 2011, and Obama still wants even more. So does Romney.
38. Both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama have international backgrounds and parents with international backgrounds…
39. But both are foreign policy amateurs with backgrounds in domestic policy, finance, law, and community organizing rather than foreign policy…
40. Yet their team of foreign policy experts, from Obama’s vice president, Joe Biden, and secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, to Mitt Romney’s team of Bush-era neoconservative foreign policy advisers, indicates their equal commitment to Washington’s unpopular and incoherent foreign policy status quo.
41. And for the first time since 1944, neither of the two major parties’ candidates, Barack Obama, nor Mitt Romney, have military experience.
42. Despite running on a platform of change, Obama’s first term as president has demonstrated his commitment to the Bush era strategies of nation building and counter-insurgency. Mitt Romney doesn’t think Obama’s commitment to nation building is strong enough.
44. Mitt Romney agrees with President Obama that the president can act unilaterally to take the country to war without Congress.
45. Though Obama paints Romney as an American unilateralist willing to take military action without the blessing and cooperation of the international community, Romney and Obama actually both agree with the Bush era foreign policy of unilateral US military action, and Obama took unilateral military action in the Osama bin Laden raid.
46. Though he has, unsurprisingly, held a different position before, Romney says he would have ordered the bin Laden raid like Obama did.
47. Both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama believe the US military can be used for humanitarian intervention overseas without an imminent threat to American national security.
51. Barack Obama has been a consistent supporter and escalator, as both Senator and President, of George W. Bush’s war and counter-insurgency operations in Iraq. Mitt Romney thinks he isn’t supportive enough.
52. Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are actively trying to outdo each other on which candidate supports economic sanctions against Iran the most.
53. Barack Obama has involved the US in Syria’s foreign civil war. Mitt Romney wants to get even more involved.
54. Mitt Romney supports continuing the Bush and Obama administration policy of cooperation with Pakistan despite its hostile activities toward US operations in Afghanistan and the fact that it appeared to have been harboring Osama bin Laden.
55. Mitt Romney supports the Obama Administration’s policy of unmanned aerial warfare via predator drone in Pakistan.
58. Though he tries to distinguish his position on Afghanistan from that of Obama’s, The New York Times reports that “despite the tough critique, Mr. Romney has loosely embraced the main thrust of White House policy for troop levels after the election: a timetable for pulling out nearly all troops by the end of 2014.”
59. Both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama consider Israel America’s best long-term strategic ally in the Middle East and are committed to using US military power to go to war alongside Israel against its regional enemies.
66. Both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama support the warrantless wiretapping of the Bush-era USA Patriot Act, which Romney has praised and Obama has acted to renew multiple times as both Senator and President.
69. Mitt Romney emphatically supported Barack Obama’s decision in 2011 to use “targeted killing” to execute US citizen Anwar al Awlaki by drone strike without charges or trial.
73. Mitt Romney also supports the continued raids and prosecution of medical marijuana dispensaries (and even patients) that have characterized Obama Administration as well as Bush-era policy on medical marijuana.
76. Exemplary of their respectively mixed records on transparency, is the recent exchange between Barack Obama and Mitt Romney over releasing Romney’s tax returns and releasing the DOJ’s Fast and Furious records.
77. Because he’s adopted multiple positions on abortion throughout his political career, it’s hard to determine what his actual views are, but Mitt Romney has agreed with Obama’s position multiple times on the importance of upholding Roe v. Wade.
78. On gay marriage, what Obama and Romney have in common is that they have both changed positions (or “evolved”) on the issue, and curiously done so when it would be of maximum electoral benefit to them.
80. On the campaign trail, both major party candidates frequently invoke and heap praise on Ronald Reagan, but it’s hard to tell if either Romney, or Obama, who once said, “In this country, prosperity has never trickled down from the wealthy few,” is really sincere.
82. Both Barack Obama and Mitt Romney prioritize “reducing our dependence on foreign oil,” pursuing alternative energy sources, and setting regulatory efficiency standards as part of federal energy policy.
86. As The Atlantic reports, both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama have demonstrated a capacity for taking bold and unapologetic 180-degree turns on their stated policy positions.
87. As exemplified by a Mitt Romney campaign spokesman’s infamous Etch-a-Sketch comment and Barack Obama’s plea to the Russian president for some space on missile defense until after the election, which was caught on a hot mic, both candidates have also demonstrated a willingness to be insincere on the campaign trail.
88. Both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama’s signature legislative policies are unpopular with voters.
90. This is also likely for the regression of both candidates’ campaign rhetoric into the same old, worn-out, partisan talking points and the trite political rivalry of left and right; blue team and red team; Democrat and Republican.
91. Though Romney has worked in big finance (to lobby for federal bailouts as aforementioned) and Obama did a stint in finance for one year, neither Mitt Romney nor Barack Obama have any small business experience.
92. But both were community organizers and Harvard Law school graduates.
Several more items that Mitt Romney and Barack Obama have in common are the following people, who represent multiple political points of view, and who all agree that Mitt Romney and Barack Obama have too much in common and few substantive differences on important matters of public policy:
93. George Soros: “If it’s between Obama and Romney, there isn’t all that much difference except for the crowd that they bring with them… So it won’t be that great a difference and I think there won’t be a great deal of enthusiasm on either side of the battleground. It will be more civilised than the previous elections have been.”
94. Newt Gingrich: “There’s a lot of parallels between these two guys…”
95. Judge Andrew Napolitano: “Can a man who essentially agrees with President Obama on all the key issues realistically become the Republican nominee for president?”
96. Rick Santorum: “And there’s no difference between President Obama and these two gentleman [Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich].”
97. Gary Johnson: “Most Americans are hard pressed to find a difference between Romney and Obama when it comes to intervention.”
98. Ralph Nader: (CBS News) ‘Consumer advocate and former presidential candidate Ralph Nader says he sees “far too little difference” between President Obama and presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, arguing that “we deserve more choices in this country.”
In the interview with Hotsheet on Monday, Nader said the president and his likely Republican challenger are essentially the same when it comes to foreign policy and their attitudes “toward Wall Street and corporate power.” The primary difference, he said, is their position on social services.’
99. The Des Moines Register, the newspaper that endorsed Barack Obama for president in 2008, endorsed Mitt Romney for the Republican Party nomination in 2012.
100. Voters: (Yahoo! News) “A new Quinnipiac poll shows Barack Obama holding a four-point lead over likely contender Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential race. Politico noted that other recent polls project similar preference, with CBS/NYT calling the candidates tied, PPP giving Obama a four-point lead, and Gallup giving Romney a two-point lead. Only CNN/Opinion Research turned up a significant spread, with Obama in the lead by nine points.
Why is the spread so close? Voters don’t seem to find much difference between Obama and Romney. [emphasis added] Gas prices and women’s issues are the only issues where either candidate has a decisive advantage, Politico said, with gas prices favoring Romney and women’s issues in Obama’s camp.”
Join the discussion Please be relevant and respectful.
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%83-%D9%85%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%89-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%84/">شركة تسليك مجارى بالجبيل</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%83-%D9%85%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%89-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%A1/">شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B8%D9%8A%D9%81-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%84/">شركة تنظيف بالجبيل</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B8%D9%8A%D9%81-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D9%8A%D9%88%D9%86/">شركة تنظيف بالعيون</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B8%D9%8A%D9%81-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%87%D9%81%D9%88%D9%81/">شركة تنظيف بالهفوف</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B8%D9%8A%D9%81-%D8%AE%D8%B2%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/">شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B8%D9%8A%D9%81-%D8%B4%D9%82%D9%82-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/">شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B8%D9%8A%D9%81-%D9%81%D9%84%D9%84-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/">شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D9%86%D8%B8%D9%8A%D9%81-%D9%85%D8%AC%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B3-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/">شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%85%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A9-%D8%AD%D8%B4%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%A1/">شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%85%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A9-%D8%AD%D8%B4%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AC%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%84/">شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%86%D8%B8%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%A9-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/">شركة تنظيف بالدمام</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%85%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A9-%D8%AD%D8%B4%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/">شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%B1%D8%B4-%D9%85%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/">شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام</a>
<a href="http://wefaq-dammam.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%83-%D9%85%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%89-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85/">شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام</a>
http://www.oakley-sunglasses.in.net/ http://www.oakleysunglasses.in.net/ http://www.cheapoakleysunglasses.in.net/ http://www.raybansunglasses.us.com/ http://www.raybansunglasses.in.net/ http://www.polo-ralphlauren.in.net/ http://www.poloralphlaurenoutlet.in.net/ http://www.burberryoutlet-online.in.net/ http://www.burberryoutlet.in.net/ http://www.michael-kors-outlet-online.us.com/
<a href="http://www.delhipg.in/"> الربح من الانترنت </a> <a href="http://www.delhipg.in/"> اضافات بلوجر </a> <a href="http://www.delhipg.in/"> قوالب بلوجر </a> <a href="http://www.delhipg.in/"> الربح من ادسنس </a> <a href="http://www.delhipg.in/"> الربح من الانترنت </a> <a href="http://www.delhipg.in/"> العاب اون لاين </a> <a href="http://www.delhipg.in/"> برامج </a> <a href="http://www.gam4u.info/search/label/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%A8%20%D8%A8%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%AA"> العاب بنات </a> <a href="http://www.gam4u.info/search/label/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%A8%20%D9%85%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%8A%D9%88"> العاب ماريو </a> <a href="http://www.gam4u.info/search/label/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%A8%20%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA"> العاب سيارات </a> <a href="http://www.gam4u.info/"> العاب فلاش </a> <a href="http://www.gam4u.info/search/label/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%A8%20%D8%A7%D9%83%D8%B4%D9%86"> العاب اكشن </a> <a href="http://www.gam4u.info/search/label/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%A8%20%D9%88%D8%B1%D9%82"> العاب ورق </a> <a href="http://www.gam4u.info/search/label/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D8%A8%20%D8%B0%D9%83%D8%A7%D8%A1"> العاب ذكاء </a> <a href="http://www.gam4u.info/2014/07/blog-post.html"> لعبة القط والفار </a> <a href="http://www.seokasho.info//"> الربح من الانترنت </a> <a href="http://www.seokasho.info//"> اشهار مواقع </a> <a href="http://www.seokasho.info//"> seo </a> <a href="http://www.seokasho.info//"> الربح من ادسنس </a> <a href="http://www.seokasho.info//"> الربح من الانترنت </a> <a href="http://www.seokasho.info//"> الربح من بلوجر </a> <a href="http://www.seokasho.info//"> Making Money </a> ----- <a href="http://www.teicc.in/"> العاب بنات </a> <a href="http://www.teicc.in/"> العاب ماريو </a> <a href="http://www.teicc.in/"> العاب سيارات </a> <a href="http://www.teicc.in/"> العاب فلاش </a> <a href="http://www.teicc.in/"> العاب انترنت </a> <a href="http://www.teicc.in/"> العاب اون لاين </a> <a href="http://www.teicc.in/"> العاب ذكاء </a> <a href="http://www.teicc.in/"> العاب فلاش </a> ----- <a href="http://www.aldyegi.com/p/restauration-maison.html"> شركة ترميم منازل بالرياض </a> <a href="http://www.aldyegi.com/p/blog-page_16.html"> شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض </a> <a href="http://www.aldyegi.com/p/blog-page_31.html"> شركة عزل مائى بالرياض </a> <a href="http://www.aldyegi.com/p/blog-page_81.html"> شركة نقل وتخزين اثاث بالرياض </a> <a href="http://www.aldyegi.com/p/blog-page_81.html"> شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض </a> <a href="http://www.aldyegi.com/p/blog-page_81.html"> شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض </a> <a href="http://www.aldyegi.com/p/blog-page_93.html"> شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض </a> <a href="http://www.aldyegi.com/p/blog-page_93.html"> شركة مكافحة الحشرات بالرياض </a> -----
man obama what a loser suck a rock and eat some fried chicken you low life nigger you couldn`t even fuck a chicken
Glad see that many want to see real change and want to vote to REALLY cut government spending and then REALLY reduce and eventually eliminate deficit spending and the terrible accumulated national debt. We in these fifty States so clearly need good Senators and Congressmen and a President who will truly support and adhere to the U.S. Constitution. I am eager for each person and their representatives to press for justice through effective restrictions upon government, effective access to good courts that are willing to enforce the basic reasonable laws to protect each man and woman in minimally regulated markets and guard the Constitutional strong protections for the natural rights of man. How quickly can a clean out begin, with a crusade against needless agencies, eliminating needless bureaucratic regulations that complicate legitimate good business and merely protect the special interests and profits of the already super-rich and powerful corporations. Some on Wall Street and in political office and heading corporations should face prosecution including charges of fraud and larceny. Yes, especially those in public office who give away the taxed hard-earned wealth of workers to their large financial contributors those in power via parts of TARP and parts of TARP II and many other spigots, such as those that pour tax dollars into dubious grant-funded government-selected pursuits. Also those who willingly continue to give away hard-earned wealth, collected by the government, to those who can work but do not and live off the support and subsidy programs. To my semi-fiscally-conservative friends who want to support M. Romney, I ask do you REALLY thing things will actually change enough if M. Romney gets elected? It is not enough of a change to put just a little less coal in the fire of the steam locomotive that is our growing national that is pulling us ever so quickly toward a cliff, where the fall will be far and treacherous. 3 or 6 or 10 Trillion in immediate cuts would be material, less is not enough. Common elements found in the Libertarian Platform and the Republican Platform and the American Independent Party Platform are fine for me – government spending cuts must actually be implemented quickly.
Romney is not even president, he's already trying to take credit for Obama's deeds. I guess it's clear who's a talker and who's a doer here.
This election cycle we have two choices. From the Democrat party we have Obama, a Marxist communist and don't try to tell me he isn't, look at who he has associated with all his life. Obama hates this nation, he despises it's people, it's constitution, it's laws, it's history and wants it completely and totally destroyed. From the Republican party we have Romney, a Fabian socialist, look at his past actions and try to tell me different. Romney does not hate this nation nor does he want to destroy it. Obama wants that communist utopia right now although he will wait for maybe a year. Romney wants the same utopia but being a Fabian will do it very slowly. Do we elect Obama and experience riots, soviet style purges, insurrection, maybe outright civil war within the next two or three years or do we elect Romney and maybe gain enough time to set this nation back on a constitutional track?
Birthers say Obama is a alien. Obama now says Romney is an alien. If they're both right, that's a similarity, I guess. http://goandspinnomore.com/2012/10/romney-not-one-of-us/
Overall a nice post, but: "Bush’s deficit-funded tax cuts for the middle class." this wording is so tired. Just stop. Taxing people less does not cost the people money. That's not how it works. Too much spending causes deficits, we have a spending problem - in particular: medicare, medicaid, SS, and the military. Why? Because no one will touch it.
Romney Obama the Same?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWDJEc92d38&sns=tw via @youtube
Mitt Romney - Yes I would Sign NDAA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivE5gJdsJrw&sns=tw via @youtube
Mitt Romney vs Mitt Romney AKA "Flip Flopper"
Sometimes we get so caught up in siding with our political candidate, that we forget all of the things that are in common. It's good that these things are pointed out, but okay really? This is like comparing Zerg and Darth Vader - yes they are both the evil entities of their respective films, and they have many things in common, but they definitely do not have the same political agenda. The only thing they're different on is women's rights and gas prices? No, I don't think so. I would like to say the main difference is that Obama believes in the government making everything better for everyone, "communal responsibility" as Time puts it, and Romney wants to please the majority and anger the minority (women, gays, he doesn't care).
And then as far as content goes, this list has a long way to go. Obamacare/Romney care should count as one: they both agreed on something. This list is nowhere near comprehensive, and yet it seems to repeat itself several times. I think it's necessary for politicians to "evolve" on their ideas - after all, if they stubbornly kept their positions throughout voter disapproval it would be just plain dumb. Also, just quoting some sources like Newt Gringrich is not giving me another way they're similar: in fact, the interview cited is just repeating the reasons that were listed.
But a lot of these listed items are completely valid and should cause concern. Do we really have a choice if our choices are this similar? What worries me even more is items such as 83-84, about the climate change: recently our republican candidate told us his plans about tossing aside the EPA's guidelines and restrictions.
A vote for an independent is a vote for Obama! I too would personally vote for an independent if it would help. Problem is the independent will probably get about 2-3% of the vote. With such a close race, especially in Colorado, I DON’T WANT TO SEE OBAMA ELECTED FOR ANOTHER TERM AND I DO THINK ROMNEY IS A BETTER CHOICE OF THE TWO. So if the race is so close, and it is, with as little as 1% difference between Romney and Obama, then that 2% to an independent could mean the difference of Romney getting elected or not. And God Forbid, if it were more than 3% if would be certain defeat for Romney. For my stubbornness to vote independent to prove a point we will be cast with the burden of having Obama for another 4 years.
THAT IS TOO SCARY.
We NEED Sarah Palin as our next President than Obozo or Mittens. Sarah Palin will completely change and undo all the damage that Dubya, Bubba, Gipper, Obozo have done and what Mittens will do. She will completely change DC and root out and purge all the corruption that has infested DC.
“I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I have since the time that my mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a U.S. Senate candidate. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it.”
-- Mitt Romney
Too bad that the President doesn't have any control over Gas prices....Considering oil is still tied to the Gold Standard, the reason why it's high is because of the devaluation of the Fiat Dollar. Blame the Fed Reserve for that little piece of crap.
I think there is something wrong with the first four items in this otherwise excellent list:
1. Star Trek
2. Modern Family
4. The signature legislative accomplishment of the man that
hi!,I love your writing very a lot! percentage we keep up a correspondence extra approximately your post on AOL? I require a specialist in this house to unravel my problem. Maybe that's you! Taking a look forward to see you.
EXACTLY!!! Good to see so many here that actually get it. I was thinking the same thing so I spliced this little video together. Here's what Eastwood SHOULD HAVE SAID at the RNC hehehe
If you support either of these two clowns you have sold your soul! I'll be writing in the Honorable Dr. Ron Paul.
JUST SAY NO TO OBAMNEY!!!
Even though our Government is not perfect by far, it has worked for 250 years! As I read some of your articles, all you seem to be doing is Republican or Conservative bashing! If you are truly "Dedicated to restoring open dialogue and engagement in our political system", then I think you should have articles discussing democrats and the liberal agenda also!
I, like a lot of people these days, no longer listen to the opinion of the media. They have there own agenda, and do not have the citizens of the United States best interest in mind!
101. Both Obama and Romney refuse to take a stand when asked "Are you willing to debate Governor Gary Johnson?".
Why the h3ll are Star Trek Modern Family Chicken numbers 1-3 on the list????????????????????????? Its as though the list is trying to discredit itself. Its as though the list is disinformation. What a load of garbage. If you cant see it I cant unidiot you.
This is the best information that I have read about the difference between Romney and Obama.
Please, all that agree, send this to Tea Party members that continue to support Romney. I have been asked to join the Tea Party but I cannot, because they are only half right. They do a good job of opposing Obama, but they don't seem to realize that they have not locked the back door and that they have turned off the light over the back door. The Tea Party is being crashed by people who are not informed and falling for the same method of control over elections that the oligarchy have been using for decades. They are giving us a choice between two of their candidates. Even if the Tea Party can stop Obama's re-election, they will not have won a victory for America, if after all of our effort, we help Romney secure the presidency. As much as I admire the Tea Party, I have to say I am sorry, I will have to direct my efforts to an area that of danger that they are leaving unattended.
Now I know why I voted for Ron Paul.
Actually, I knew before now. But this only reinforces my position that the Republican branch of the Big Govermnent party made a mistake picking the runner-up from the last round.
I'd like to point out that on 80 - not hard to tell that Romney did not like Reagan if you check his history, he stated it on a regular basis. Funny how he now claims be a Reagan Republican.
101. Both Obama and Romney are doing fundraisers in other countries - against the rules to accept foreign funds.
If you use this line of thinking, you could pair up any 2 people from any culture and find 100 things they agreed on. Line item vetoes? Really? What presidential candidates aren't going to agree on that?
i read that Republicans want to reduce the size of the government and stregthen the economy. As far as reducing the size of government, it's probably a pipe dream. Wall Street and the banks have put the economy in such a state that reducing government spending will probably just hasten the next recession. As far as stregthening the economy; If there is enough brain power in Washington to do that, they are keeping it under wraps. Going back to smaller government now is highly unlikely considering the national debt, military expenditures, and social programs which are now proping the economy up.
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياضشركة تنظيف بيوت بالرياضكشف تسربات المياه شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياضتنظيف فلل بالرياض شركة تنظيف واجهات حجر بالرياضشركة عزل خزانات بالرياضشركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياضشركة تسليك مجارى بالرياضشركة تنظيف بيارات بالرياضشركة نقل اثاث بالرياضشركة نقل عفش بالرياضشركة تخزين عفش بالرياضشركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياضشركة رش مبيدات بالرياضشركة مكافحة النمل الأبيض بالرياضشركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياضشركة تنظيف فلل بالرياضشركة تنظيف شقق بالرياضشركة نظافة بالرياضشركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
Too bad your logic is flawed. Obama and Romney are exactly the same concerning everything. Pro Fed Reserve, Gun Ban, All for Indefinitely detaining US American citizens, both for Assassinating US Citizens, Both are for Big Government. There is no difference. Just a different tone of the same message. Your vote for Romney is a vote for another 4 years of bull crap just the same as someone voting for Obama.
Sarah Palin would be an excellent President. The problem is she has to surprise the political elite and gain the position before they know what she really is. That possibility is already shot with her win in Alaska as governor. The political elite now know her for what she is, a threat to their power and , in may cases, their freedom. There is now no way in ELL they would leave any avenue open for her to seek the office of President.
No, #41 is correct. The statement was that this will be the first time that BOTH MAJOR PARTY'S candidates had no military experience.
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياضشركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياضشركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض - شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياضشركة نقل اثاث بالرياض - شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض - شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياضشركة غسيل خزانات بالرياض شركة تخزين عفش بالرياضشركة نقل عفش بالرياض