Here's an interesting graphic from Brandignity on the psychology of social networking.
Some highlights of the infographic:
- Nine out of ten US internet users are on a social network.
- One out of five minutes spent online is on a social network and that number is only increasing with time.
- Although 80% of social media posts are about the poster, 9 out of 10 people think we share too much.
- Facebook allows you to pay for your status update to be highlighted.
- Talking about ourselves is associated with the same satisfaction we get from food, money or sex.
It ends with a question to think about while you’re posting your new status update on Facebook: Are we obsessed with social media or are we obsessed with ourselves?Infographic by www.brandignity.com