To kick off our first offical post, we decided to bring some facts we found on the history of voting in America. Enjoy!
1. When the US began, only white, property owning males could vote- so not women or african americans.
2. You must be 35 years old to be president, 30 to be U.S. senator, 25 to be a U.S. House member.
3. The Republican Party was formed in 1854 out of the sentiment that slavery should be abolished.
4. The Voting age was 21 and only lowered to 18 in 1971.
5. The United States has had more Vice Presidents than Presidents.