Voters need facts, not myths: Columnist George Skelton says that California’s level of taxing and spending is about the same today as it was decades ago, when Ronald Reagan was governor.
These are all myths, according to Skelton:
- There’s no such thing as a temporary tax increase. They all become permanent.
- Taxes have gone through the roof in California.
- California’s spending has been out of control.
- California suffers from an exceptionally bloated bureaucracy.
- California teachers are pampered and overpaid.
Photo credit: Allen J. Schaben / Los Angeles Times